The Soundings Yacht & Tennis Club HOA
Hobe Sound, Florida
In 1815, the King of Spain, for services rendered bestowed upon Don Eusebius Gomez, designated a tract of land which became known as the Gomez Grant. It originally covered 12,000 acres and remained unsettled until after the Seminole Wars. Heirs of Don Gomez sold the land, part of which is now The Soundings Yacht & Tennis Club.
In 1974, an association of property owners was formed as provided for in the Protective Covenants. The association was named The Soundings Yacht & Tennis Club, Inc. Articles of Incorporation were filed on July 16, 1974.
There are 153 home sites in The Soundings. The natural beauty of the area is enhanced by the Wildlife Preserve to the east, Jonathan Dickinson State Park to the south, and our own Mangrove Island at the end of the canals.